Document-sharing websites let people share documents. Visitors to a document-sharing website can easily find useful business documents.
TechScribe does not share documents on other websites for the following reasons:
- When TechScribe updates a document or removes a document, the old document stays on the document-sharing website.
- Some search engines decrease the search engine rank for websites that have duplicate content. Possibly, the search engine rank for the TechScribe website will decrease.
- The TechScribe website loses visitors.
- Readers do not see the services that TechScribe sells. Readers do not see other articles that possibly are useful to them.
- TechScribe loses control of intellectual property.
Recently, we found copies of TechScribe documents on a document-sharing website. After we told the website's legal team, the TechScribe documents were quickly removed. However, each request to remove a document costs time. Document-sharing websites need to explain to users the problems of uploading a document without the permission of the copyright owner.