During the documentation project, we will send you questions. This page tells you how to respond.
- We send questions in a Word document (questionsn.doc, where n is a digit). Change the file name to answersn.doc or to questionsn-response.doc.
- Send all answers at one time. Put the answers in the document, or refer to external documents. If the answers are all in one location, we can easily find the answers.
- If we ask a question that you cannot answer immediately, do not guess an answer. Write 'will be supplied later'.
- Respond with statements, unless a question is not clear to you. If you suggest something, make clear that it is not a request.
- Sometimes, more than one person gives answers. Sometimes, different people give different answers. We cannot know what your 'reality' is. Sometimes, part of our job is to help you to achieve an agreement, but we do not want to know about internal arguments. If an agreement is not possible, make an executive decision.